April 18, 2008

SPRING IS HERE!

It must be spring because I got in the mood to garden. I'm not a huge gardener, but I do get the itch every Spring. This year I was determined to plant tomatoes. So, today Avery and I got started only to get held up by the incredibly hard dirt that I couldn't dig in. Yes, I'm weak. I admit it. Kirk to the rescue. We needed his muscles bad. What took me 1/2 hour to do took him only 5 minutes to finish. I was surprised at how much Avery enjoyed herself. She really got into it. Now we get to feed it and watch (and hopefully eat) the fruits of our labor.

Getting started. The finished project.

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

We just did some yard work too. Good job planting tomatoes! Avery looks so precious in her hat and cute sandals.

Jennifer said...

I hope they grow good for you...Weston and I try every year and never had a good turn out...Last year we planted them and just left them alone and we had tons...Go figure...The trick is leaving them alone I guess.

My Dearest Rich said...

How lucky. I so had that on my agenda for this year. Guess THAT didn't happen. Maybe I can plant a mango tree or something? Then it will produce fruit LONG after I'm gone!

Krissy Lowe said...

I am aching for Spring. We are still in jackets and sweaters up here in Idaho. Yesterday the high was 35. Yuck. God luck with the planting...

Donna said...

I'm still waiting on the backyard to finish up... then I start my container gardening again. I like that much better! I think your tomatoes will love that area. I had a place by a wall in Utah that they went WILD in. Here? I moved my container to the house at the end of summer - then the plant exploded - lesson learned - keep it near a nice warm wall!