April 13, 2008

Family Get-together

Saturday was our yearly "Spring Fling" with all my cousins, aunts and uncles on my mom's side that live in California. This year it was hosted by my cousin Ken and his wife that live in Yucaipa. Kirk couldn't make it this year because he had a weekend class to attend to prepare him to take his electrical license test soon. It was a very fun day, although a hot one, playing badmitten and visiting with my wonderful family. I feel so lucky to have such a loving group of family around me. I prepared a lesson for my young women that I teach at church a couple of weeks ago that was on the blessings of extended family. I know, first hand, what a blessing it is to have extended members of my family that keep in touch. We get together every Christmas season too. Usually at that time we are lucky to have more family from Utah join us as well. I have wonderful cousins that I love dearly and am grateful my children are growing up knowing them too and hope that this tradition of these great get-togethers will continue even after Kirk and I are gone. Here are some fun moments of our day. I was pretty busy chasing Devin around making sure he wasn't going to tear their house apart, so I wasn't able to get a whole lot of pictures, but at least I got a couple.


I had to put this bottom one in of just my kids. I took it as we were walking out the door to leave. Devin hates having to pose for pictures, but at least he sat and let me do it.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Finally, you're blogging again! You are so lucky to have your family nearby. I forgot you & Christie are cousins. Looks like a lot of fun! I didn't know you were in YW too. It's a busy calling. Nice layout with the pictures! And by the way... don't ignore me- You're tagged!

Krissy Lowe said...

That looks like such a blast. Family is so important. How fun that you guys do that.

My Dearest Rich said...

that makes me SO excited for this summer. My Dad's side of the family is coming over, all 38 of them nonetheless, and on my 30th birthday of all times! Anyway, all us cousins and whatever aunts and uncles dare will be skydiving, which I can't wait for, and there will be 7 great grandchildren this year as opposed to just my two kiddies last! Thanks for getting me excited! I can hardly wait! Glad you guys had a great time!