November 15, 2008

AGW 2008

Our all girl weekend in Vegas was this past weekend. We were a bit smaller in numbers this year, but still had a great time! Every year my cousins, their kids, my aunt and my mom and sister and I all meet in Vegas for a fun-filled weekend of catching up. They come from as far away as Georgia and as near as St. George, UT. I look forward to this weekend the moment the current one is over. This year my wonderful cousin Janey couldn't make it at the last minute because she got sick. Gosh, we missed you Janey! It just wasn't the same. I can't tell you how much we talked about you (in a good way - ha!). We stayed at The Orlean's this time and had rooms pretty close to each other. I always get asked what all we do, but it's not about Vegas. It's about spending time with our family, so we mostly hang out in the room or go eat somewhere. And we normally are having so much fun in our rooms laughing that no one has a hard time finding where we're at. We really do have a great time! So, here's what we did. Friday we hung out in our room pretty much the whole day besides going out to get dinner. Saturday my sister and I went down to the hot tub for a bit before Linda and crew arrived and we all ate a Subway for lunch. Then my sister, mom and I went shopping for a bit. That night we all met up again for dinner at the mexican restaurant in the hotel. Sunday we met up at the buffet for brunch, hung out and went to the hot tub again and then rented Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 in Linda's room. Cute movie. I really want to read the series. Monday we said our goodbye's and half the gang went to the strip to go look at a bunch of chocolate fountains and my sis, mom and I took our time getting ready, checked out and went to the M&M store and MGM to check out the lion exhibit (the picture was taken from under. It's a glass tube like thing so you can get under them) before taking my sister to the airport. A relaxing and low key weekend, but a great time!

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I'm waiting for Gail's pictures to be downloaded to my computer before I try updating my blog. But many of them are about the same as yours and Donna's. Thanks for sharing--and for coming. It was so much fun!

Mom said...

Oh, we DID HAVE FUN DIDN'T WE! You're right, it's about hanging out mostly. Good job on the pictures and blog. XXX