June 5, 2009

Time with Mom

Earlier this week my mom and I went to California Adventure for half a day. When my sister was here last month she bought a 2fer ticket and only used the Disneyland portion with us, so she gave the second ticket to my mom. It had to be used within 30 days and my mom had never been to California Adventure. I met up with her along Ball Road and then we drove over together and had a really nice time! We only hit 3 rides, but she didn't really care about that. She just wanted to see what it was all about. Plus, she had heard so many people rave about Soaring Over California (the BEST ride on the planet!) and was excited to try it out. That had to be the funniest experience for me to witness. She hated it! She was so freaked out. I kept telling her to open her eyes, but she said she couldn't and wanted to know when it was going to be over. I had no idea you were such a wimp, Mom. Ha! She said it was the motion that did it for her. She really felt like she was flying (um, I believe everyone's told her that's how you feel, so not sure what the expectations were) and she couldn't take it. Even the lady on the other side of her tried to get her to open her eyes. Too funny! Anyway, it was a lot of fun spending the day with just my mom. Sorry you hated everyone's favorite ride, Mom. Just stick to It's a Small World and you'll be just fine. :-)
Just a side note...I know I'm always writing about what the kids are up to and what I'm doing, but Kirk doesn't take the camera with him and he won't write about what he's up to. Just so you all don't feel like I get to have all the fun he has gone golfing twice in the past couple of weeks. I wish he would write posts on here too, but well...he's a guy. And when you do see pictures on here of just he and the kids it's only because I forced the camera on him. He seems to be okay with taking pictures with the kids, but heaven forbid he take a picture of his friends golfing! Guys are weird. :-)

1 comment:

Donna said...

LOL, that is exactly why there are NO pictures of ME in my albums... I give him he camera, he takes one shot then never another... I take a million of all sorts of things. then pick what I want to post later. I was shocked at the picture of Liz in the pool - that one he took on the phone at the class - I about fell out. I took it from his facebook page!