November 14, 2009

Date night at Disney


After talking about doing this for about 5 months we finally had a double date with our friends, the Chases, at Disneyland yesterday. We left at about 12:30 and didn't get home until 11:00. A full, fun day at Disneyland with no kids! Rick and Jolene immediately started trying to talk me into going on the Tower of Terror. I've never wanted to go on that ride. I do not like that falling feeling in the slightest and figured I had that "fun" when I was younger. Well, after lots of coaxing (did I say coaxing? I meant peer pressure and bribery - I'm going to collect that ice cream cone soon, Jolene) I caved and gave it a try. YIKES! I did beat poor Jolene to death during the ride and repeatedly told her I hated her for making me do it, but when it was done I have to say it wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be and even a little....LITTLE fun. Kirk enjoyed it (just look at his face!) and I love Rick's face and death grip in this picture! The lines were surprisingly small for a Friday and first day of the Christmas hoopla, so we were able to ride many rides. We enjoyed a leisurely dinner at Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney and then went back for more fun. Thanks Chases for the fun time. Let's do it again real soon!

2 comments:

Donna said...

You're better than me. I don't think I could do it!

Linda Liebhardt said...

YAY For Suz! Donna really hasn't done the Tower? Chicken! ha. I think it's a blast. Scarey, but fun. What a fun thing to do--gowith grown ups. A novel concept, indeed. I've been with teenagers, so that's kind of close, I guess. But never with just grown-ups. Cool.