March 6, 2010

Vegas

Back in September my mom and I made plans to go to see Donny and Marie in Vegas. My sister found out and wanted to meet us there, but not go to the show. We've been looking so forward to getting together for so long. The weekend finally arrived (February 26). Mom and I got there at about 2:00, checked in and relaxed until it was time to go pick Sandi up from the airport. We got In-N-Out for dinner (Sandi's favorite) and then went back to the hotel room and talked until 2:00 in the morning. Got up at about 9:00 on Saturday morning, had brunch at Chili's and then took Mom back to the hotel room so that Sandi and I could go do some shopping. That's when I got the call from Kirk that Marie's son had committed suicide. So sad! So, obviously no show for us. They refunded us the money and I used that to buy a new dress while we were out. We had a nice last bit of our trip visiting most of the time in the room, but also getting out to the movies to see 'Dear John' (loved it!) and to the jacuzzi. I love our weekends away together. We just have so much fun together even when we do absolutely nothing. And because we barely did anything, I only took at couple of pictures, but here they are.

Mom treated us to room service breakfast one morning. Spoiled!

3 comments:

Donna said...

your trip sounds like fun!

Marcie said...

Glad you had such a fun trip!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Oh, I wondered if you were going to get to see the show. Too bad to have missed it, and so sad for Marie and her family. Now please post a picture of the new dress.