June 15, 2010

Whirl Wind Trip


Last Friday was the last day of school. We picked the kids up, dropped all their stuff at home and headed to Mesa, AZ for less than 48 hours to spend some time with my sister and her family. Her kids are grown and 2 live there, but she, her hubby and her daughter live in CO, so having them all in one state and a driveable distance was too tempting to pass up. We didn't get together until Saturday morning when we met up for some pictures. My camera and stand were the photographer. Too bad my favorite photographer wasn't around for this (allysonrandlephotography.com), but we made do.
Cousins
3 generations
Dad and Mom

Kirk and me
Dave and Sandi
Matthew (19), Steven (21), Sandi, Dave, Jessica (19)
Me, Justin (9), Avery (7), Kirk, Devin (4)
After photos we headed to lunch at Chili's and then back to the hotel for an afternoon of swimming while my sister and her husband headed to his high school reunion. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It maybe hit 90, but was comfortable enough that I didn't need to get in to cool off. I just enjoyed taking some pictures and visiting with my feet in. It was so good to spend so much time with my niece and nephews and for my kids to get to know them better. Devin and Steven (her oldest) have only met once when Devin was a baby, so it was especially nice for me to watch our kids play and hopefully make memories that won't be forgotten.
Devin took a special liking to Steven. He couldn't get enough of him. :-)

We then headed out to dinner to a place Kirk had seen on the Food Channel that wasn't too far away. It was yummy and we all had a good time. Then Steven had to leave, but Jessica and Matthew joined us for a drive by over to their old house. I miss them living so close in AZ. I used to go there a lot when they were younger. Many memories. :-)
Sunday, we got up, drove over to where Sandi and Dave were staying to watch Avery's baseball video and then we all met up with Jessica at our old favorite restaurant for brunch and our last hurrah together. It was a quick trip, but well worth the effort! Can't wait until Christmas when we will all be together again!
On our way home

4 comments:

Ally said...

I think you and your camera and tripod did a fantastic job. I sure wish I was closer to my sister in AZ as well...your family looks so great, and I love you hair.

Donna said...

How fun! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Liebhardt said...

I'm so glad you had such a nice time and documented it well for the rest of us. thanks for sharing!

Mom said...

The pictures are great, Suz. We did have a great time, didn't we?! It was so nice being all together. XX