September 13, 2010

Little Mev is 5!


We celebrated Devin's 5th birthday over the weekend. He turns 5 on September 14th (and happy birthday to Donna, too!). I won't go as far as saying the time has flown, because with this particular little guy it hasn't. :-) We love him a ton and I, for one, am happy to be at this phase of life. He has come a long way and continues to surprise us. He understands his world much more now and that makes things much easier.
His special day was spent with only family - my parents, Grandma Sumida, Uncle Mark, Aunt Sylvia and cousin Matthew. He got everything he wanted - a skateboard, DSi and a couple of games. He's excited to be 5 and celebrate it at school with popsicles too. Happy birthday, little Mev. We love you!
Love this picture. We are singing to him and he appears to be somewhat embarrassed. So cute!


Proud new owner of a DSi


So excited to have a skateboard of his very own.


This is what it has been like ever since he got his DSi. He just loves it!
Uncle Mark playing camping with the kids.
Hanging out.

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Where does "Mev" in the title of this post come from?

Marcie said...

I love how you say that time hasn't flown and how you are happy with this phase. I feel like I will say the same things when Mela is 5. Love her to pieces, but I know what you mean!