August 5, 2012

R.I.P. Charlotte

While Justin was at camp Avery found a baby bird that fell from the top of our second story roof.  After reading up on it we waited for the mama bird to come and feed her, but she didn't, so Avery convinced me to take her and try to help.  I mixed dried dog food with warm water and some hard boiled eggs (found that several times on the internet...if you find it on the internet it works!).  Avery named the little thing Charlotte and Charlotte ate really well the first day.  The next day she lost some interest in it, but over night she had sprouted tail feathers, so I thought maybe there really was a chance.  By the 3rd day she was pretty lifeless and she died.  Poor little Charlotte gave it a shot.  We buried her in the backyard and Avery decorated her grave.  I also took some pictures of her siblings who grew very fast that week! They flew away within a few days.

No comments: