August 30, 2008

Becoming a big boy

It's been a big week for Devin. He's now potty trained and as of tonight he's in a 'big boy bed'. He's been climbing out of his crib for a few months now, but we've been waiting for a good mattress sale and finally found one today. So, we got Justin a new bed and gave Devin his old one. This bed is my bed from when I was a teenager. OLD!!!! But it's comfy and it suits the purpose. He was very excited to see his new bed and kept saying "my big boy bed" and something about no more crib. I have to say I have been a little sentimental about all of this happening at the same time. We're almost done with diapers (we still use them for night and naps) and there's no more crib in the house. It's so weird to know those days are now behind us. It's sad in a way because our baby isn't a baby anymore. He's made a lot of progress this week not only in potty training, but in speaking. I've heard him say more sentences this week. It's crazy that everything is clicking with him all of a sudden. I'm so happy with all the progress he's made. To think that 2 years ago we were wondering if he might be autistic. Wow! He's growing up and making up for lost time. Enjoy your new bed, Devin. Sleep tight!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is a big step. I can't imagine the day we don't have a crib in the house. I think I will be a bit emotional too. Very exciting though!!

Hillary said...

Congrats on the potty training success. I am still trying to work on Aubree. I need to be more diligent with her. I can't believe you are out of cribs. Aubree climbed out of her crib for the first time the other day. I am trying not to remind her that she can do it. I want her to stay in the crib as long as I can. I don't need another kid joining us in the middle of the night. Congrats

Anonymous said...

Nice comment.