July 10, 2009

24 hour get-away

I had a dentist appointment in Orange County and since Kirk had to work on Wednesday I packed up the kids and headed out on Tuesday night to spend a day with my parents and enjoy the beach. After my appointment in the morning, I lathered up the kids with sunscreen, packed a lunch and took them to the beach. It was our first trip this year and Devin was a bit leery when we first arrived and stayed on his towel and was happy just to eat chips. Eventually, though, he ventured toward the water and had me nervous as he got more comfortable with the waves knocking into him. They had a ball and are looking forward to going back soon. After we cleaned up back at G & G Winn's we had dinner and they were able to ride their new scooters my parents had bought to keep at their house for our visits. Lucky kids! They loved them and will get lots of use out of them. Thanks for those, Mom. And thanks for the fun 24 hours!

2 comments:

Heather Hanks said...

These pics are adorable! I cannot believe how old Avery and Justin look! I'm sad b/c I haven't seen you guys as much this past year, and I've missed their growing up in a year. They are truly such blessings, my friend! I love Justin's smile--he reminds me of kirk. Avery is totally you! We've GOT to get together before this summer is gone and we can't find the time to "play". xoxo

Natalie said...

How cute are they at the beach?! Love the pics