August 17, 2009

Back to school

Today was the first day back to school. (I will save my cheerleading for another time) Justin is now in 4th grade, if you can believe that! Avery is in 1st grade (oh my!) and Devin is back at 1, 2, 3 Learn Preschool 3 times a week in the mornings. Avery and Devin were excited to go back, but Justin is at that age that it isn't so exciting anymore. He's also at that age where he's embarrassed to be seen with his mom and therefore put on a brave face and was ready for me to leave him at his school door. But I wasn't ready! He's still my little boy and I wanted to stay there and see him into the classroom. But with Avery and Devin still to drop off I gave him his way and reluntantly left him to his new adventures. I did get to quickly meet his teacher on her way out of the classroom for a quick run somewhere. She seems nice. Then it was Avery's turn. I got her settled into her desk and met her teacher, who also seems very nice and then had to run off to drop Devin at his school. He was excited to see Ms. Melissa and Ms. Carol again and immediately started telling them about his trip to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. It's like there was no time lapsed. After that I met up with a couple of friends for breakfast to celebrate the new school year. Fun! Here's to a new and wonderful 2009/2010! I only got a couple pictures of Justin because heaven forbid I take a picture of him in front of his friends! Ha

2 comments:

Donna said...

you don't have the open house a few days before school? Maybe it's just a southern thing. This year I went sick... as in hacking, sounding like heck with a fever sick. I didn't touch ANYTHING.. however, no-one else was around to do it... so I muddled through. By the time I got to the HS, I looked at Liz and she said "just go home, I'm fine"... ha! I'm sure in HS she's MUCH happier to NOT have her mom around... she doesn't want me to chaperone anymore either :o( My baby is growing up :o)

Natalie said...

Cute kids!!! Yeah for school!