August 15, 2009

Meteor shower

No pictures with this post, but wanted to write about our fun adventure the other night. On Tuesday night...well, technically Wednesday morning, we were expecting a meteor shower. The kids were really excited and wanted to see it, so at 1:00 am we woke Justin and Avery up (Devin wouldn't have understood how to lay there quietly and patiently), laid a blanket in the back yard and watched 'falling stars' for about a half hour. We saw about a dozen or so in that amount of time, but I'm sure there were many more that we missed and it was a lot of fun and hopefully something they'll remember for a long time. Did you know that it happens every year around the same time? We just may make this a tradition!

3 comments:

Donna said...

How fun!!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Remind me to tell you my Leonid Meteor shower story some day. Gail, Seth and Caroine were there, too. Winter. VERY memorable. 2001.
Glad you enjoyed yours. I didn't think it'd be possible to see many in So Cal with all the lights, so I'm glad you saw so many. We love our dark skies around here.

Natalie said...

Love that you did that! I May have to steal that idea! You are a way too cool Mom (I see trying to make the rest of us look bad when we let our kids sleep through something like that).