September 10, 2009

Devin's help

I realized the other day that I never posted a picture of Devin's new ABA Therapist. This is Jenessa. We hired her about a month ago because Devin is needing help in some area's still and going to school 9 hours a week isn't quite helping enough. She's wonderful and Devin really likes her. Currently we're in the middle of waiting for another assessment through the school district. We met with the speech pathologist 2 weeks ago and in only 5 minutes she told me what she saw and she was spot on. She was very on top of it too. She called me the next day telling me that she met with the board and they want to do a more in depth assessment on him focusing more on his needs than just the general stuff that he's always barely passed on. She sounded more hopeful for us getting some kind of help with them and recognized the need. I know better than to get my hopes up too high, but it does seem more hopeful this time around than last year. We'll see. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

No comments: