September 15, 2009

Happy birthday, Devin!

Yesterday was Devin's birthday and he turned 4. Wow! He's a little boy now. I no longer have any toddlers or babies (although sometimes that doesn't seem true between all 3 of them - ha). Kind of sad. In the morning he got to choose his breakfast and he chose Cookie Crisp. Such a healthy start to the day. We also gave him his present because he was going to school and then he and I were off to Disneyland. He said he had a good time at school because I had brought in cupcakes for the class and they sang to him. So, I picked him up at noon and we left for Disneyland...just the two of us. It was his birthday, so he got to choose all that we did. Do you know what I learned from being there yesterday? It's a Small World, after all! I learned that SIX times! And honestly it could have been more if I hadn't gently persuaded him to try something else. He absolutely loves Small World and was in his glory that he got to go on so many times. He just melted my heart when we were walking back over to go on it for the 5th time and out of no where, when we weren't talking about anything, he said "Mommy, thank you taking me Small World". I almost would have taken him another 5 times right then. So sweet! We ended up going on the monorail twice and going over to Tom Sawyer's Island for a bit too. He really did have a fun time and gave me the sweetest smile every time I said yes that we could go on S.W. again. Good thing there was barely a line for that ride. We never waited more than 5 minutes each time, thank goodness. Happy birthday, Devin! We love you!




4 comments:

Donna said...

How could I have missed that Devin and I share a b-day? Happy B-day Devin! I'll give mine to you now that I'm 44... I did like to say 44... but now I'm done... you can have mine from now on! enjoy! :o)

Natalie said...

He looks like he is in heaven! One on One Mommy time equals 100 Mommy is so Wonderful points!

Linda Liebhardt said...

Awww, how cute. And you are looking mighty slim and trim in that picture by the stroller, too, gal!
"Woot!" as Eric would say. (?) ha.

Krissy Lowe said...

What a fun special day. I love that you do that with your kids- just one on one. Happy Birthday Devon!