December 18, 2009

Our cute shepherd and reindeer


Today Devin's preschool put on their Christmas program. What an extravaganza! Devin has been singing his songs all month long and it seemed he was ready to go. Well, today when it was showtime he had some anxiety and I think we were lucky he stayed on stage in costume. When he first came out it was apparent he was holding back tears out of fear, poor guy. And he wasn't the only one. Out of about 24 kids (2 classes combined) 2 left the stage in tears and a 3rd tried to until his mother sent him back. Anyway, Devin was the cutest little shepherd up there, in my opinion and a darned cute little reindeer! Even though he wouldn't do his part or sing (or want anything to do with Santa) I see it as an improvement over last year because at that time I couldn't be anywhere near the performance (or any therapy sessions, for that matter) or he would have had a big tantrum or made a big scene, so my friend took pictures for me. So, this year I enjoyed watching him be so brave and stay on the stage even though I know he would have rather sat on my lap and hide. Good job, Devin!

2 comments:

Donna said...

what a brave boy!
I can see the fear, but yeah for him staying up there and not bolting!

Nat said...

He did look so cute! And he did fab!