March 6, 2012

Weekend away

2 weekends ago my amazing friend, Natalie, took our kids for the entire weekend! They went to school Friday morning, I had another friend pick them up after school and then Nat came and picked them up from there and she kept them until Sunday at 11:00! We were going to leave for the weekend, but then decided just to hang out around here. It was weird not having any kids around. We ran lots of errands, got a lot accomplished and went out to dinner both nights. It was an awesome weekend!
The kids missed us, but they survived and had a good time. The below picture is Avery with Malory on Saturday morning.
They did face painting on each other. I love Devin's!
And they enjoyed their hot tub, which wasn't quite hot, I hear. :)
Kirk and I finished up Avery's birthday gift, which was a room makeover. I love how it turned out and she is thrilled!
Thanks for your amazing gift, Nat! Now it's your turn.

1 comment:

Donna said...

How very fun for you. I know one year Butch went to a scuba trip and the girls went to grandmas and I painted as well - you can get a lot done in a weekend!! Good for you!