March 15, 2008

Calling all diaper rash remedies


Sickness strikes again in our house. Devin came down with the stomach flu Friday morning. He's been running a temperature of around 103 and is not a happy camper. Hasn't this little guy been through enough? He had only been home from the hospital 1 week when this came on. Poor baby. And I'll just throw in that Tuesday I took him for his follow-up visit to the doctor and brought Avery to sneak her in for an asthma exam. He's a great doctor and checked her lungs and prescribed an inhaler for her without an official visit. Then only 6 short hours later (after the doctor's office was closed, of course) she was crying about her ears. Off to the urgent care Kirk went (the good daddy that he is) and she had double ear infections. Now she's got the fever off and on with Devin. What's up?! Anyway, I'm writing this in hopes that all you experienced parents will tell me what has worked best on diaper rashes. Devin's tummy has definitely made a mess of his poor blistered bottom and he's in a lot of pain. They are about to bleed. It's really awful! Avery had some bad diaper rashes, but this one takes the cake for sure. Like feeling horrible isn't enough? No fair for a toddler his age.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

That poor little guy. I just want to give him a big hug! As for the diaper rashes I use the basic desitin or butt paste most of the time. When they get really bad I use a mix of Cortizone-10 & Lotrimin. Just squeeze a small amount of each on my finger, mix and rub it on! I actually think they go away faster when I use something different each time I change the diaper. Maybe I'm crazy but I think it works quicker! The joys of Motherhood:)

Suzanne said...

By the way, I love your music selections. I had your music blaring while I was cooking dinner last night. When I came in the office to turn it off, Abby was in the office chair spinning in circles and singing at the top of her lungs. Very entertaining!

Jennifer said...

I used Lotrimin too when they got really bad and that seemed to clear it up way faster...Poor baby...I hope he feels better...

Donna said...

oooh, I was in love with medicated A&D ointment when my girls were little. Worked wonders. The regular A&D was good - yellow and grose looking, but good... then came the medicated ones... and it was heaven sent. One of my girls got adhesions from having such delicate potty area... OUCH!! I won't say which one for privacy :o)