March 23, 2008

HAPPY EASTER

What a wonderful Easter we had! After getting up at a much too early 6:45 (kids were warned not to wake us until 7:00, but Avery can't tell time yet, so really not too bad) and got decent enough to make our way downstairs to see what the Easter Bunny had left the kids. They love it because on this day and Christmas morning we allow them to eat candy either for breakfast or before. This morning they opted for sausage after having a bit of candy first. The Easter Bunny was very generous with them and they were very happy with what they were given.

We headed off to church at 8:10 and made the kids wait to do the Easter egg hunt in the backyard until we got home from church. Hence the nice attire searching for eggs. This year the Easter Bunny hid 80 eggs. 80! They had a great time trying to find them all.

Shortly after we were done with that our fabulous friends, the Bayless' and the Benedict's joined us and we had a yummy barbecue.

How many people does it take to barbecue hamburgers and hot dogs? Looks like quite a bit! :-)

The kids had such a great time together! It was a very warm...uh, I guess more like hot, day and the egg hunt was quit a job. Yep, our kids got to do another egg hunt. Too fun! We really did have a wonderful time. Thank you Bayless' and Benedict's for coming (if you're reading this).

5 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

I'm curious. How long does it take you to download those pictures and post them on your blog, and add the text? Fun Easter!

Suzanne said...

I'm jealous of your warm day. It looks like so much fun! My hands are literally frozen right now. I need to crank up the heat. Our egg hunt was done in 30 degree weather. I want your Easter Bunny-80 eggs! My kids could only dream of such a generous bunny:)

Suzanne said...

p.s. Do you ever wonder if people wonder why you are posting comments on your own blog when they see my name!! Great name and I love sharing it with you:)

Donna said...

Looks like a fun time - and lovely warm weather!!

Linds said...

What a fun day and great company! Looks like you had a blast. I am glad. Enjoy the warm weather for me!