June 25, 2008

Pool days


Devin had a rare day off of therapy today, so I surprised the kids and took them to the pool. I've arranged my mother-in-law to come and be at the house for Devin's therapies every Thursday so I can take Justin and Avery to the pool for about 4 hours each week, but since the sessions today were canceled the kids were pleasantly surprised to get to go a second day during the week. I just love watching them play so hard and get all their energy out. They love the pool so much. I wish we could do it more.

Okay, so we're keeping it real on the blog, right? No sugar coating things to make our lives seem like la la land. Devin. Well, I thought he'd be thrilled to go to the pool. And he was to an extent. But after today I'm really glad I don't have to take him every week. He just wasn't satisfied with where we were in the pool or what diving stick we were playing with. Don't get me wrong. He did have fun as you can see in the picture above, but I had visions of him having so much fun he'd be happy with anything. Not the case today. Needless to say, I'm glad I brought my camera because I'm not sure when I'll take him back unless Kirk is with us. Little stinker. :-)

3 comments:

Rob & Jan said...

Uh huh...sounds like you have the same kinda kids that we have. Seems there's always one that wants what they don't have. They'll grow out of it once they leave the house. HA!

Suzanne said...

Ryan & I were just talking about this today and how "not" fun it would be for me to take all 3 kids swimming by myself. You're a trooper for trying:)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Where is this pool you go to? I think when Damian and Tandy move, I may move in with them. There is a pool in their neighborhood/complex. I think.