September 16, 2008

Another chapter begins

This morning cute little Devin started preschool. Gosh, this has been a weird couple of weeks. To go from 20 hours of therapy each week to nothing and scrambling for a preschool and then actually leaving him in someone elses care for 4 hours...well, I didn't cry, but I thought about it. When we told him he was going to go to school he was really excited. Then it came time to say goodbye and that was a whole other story. The poor guy cried and watched as Justin, Avery and I walked down the corridor. The good thing about this school is they have cameras in every classroom and so I decided to go check on him after dropping Justin and Avery off. He was playing and having a great time. When I went to pick him up he had just finished lunch and when he saw me he came running to me crying. It's got to be hard to go from having Mom at your beck and call for so long to being in a new environment for such an extended amount of time. I hope that he adjusts very soon because I just don't want to have to watch him cry like that every time. It breaks my heart. But I'm sure this is going to be a good experience for him and he'll end up loving it. Here's to preschool!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try one more time to get this to work.
I love your blog and check it everyday. Devin sure looks like he's grown tall in the last pictures.
I was just wondering how he does in the nursery at church? I'm interested since I work in our Ward nursery.
from Goldy

Anonymous said...

Letting go...it is hard to do! I am sure each time will get a little better. Hang in there!

Mom said...

Oh, your boys sure take after their mommy! Remember your first days, weeks (months--ha!) of kindergarten?

Donna said...

I used to listen to Elizabeth CRY her eyes out at that age as I would leave her at her sitter/daycare... but what was interesting is that they had open windows there in Italy... so as I would get just outside the door the tears would stop... they would start as soon as I would see her too :o( Sad, but he'll do great mom!