October 8, 2008

Fishing Fanatics (JUSTIN)


This post is written by Kirk:
Today, the kids and me (Justin, Avery, Kirk), went out to Diamond Valley Lake for an afternoon on the water. Wednesday's are a great value at the lake as they offer 1/2-off the normal rental rate. So I picked up the kids early from school and we headed out. Justin has been looking forward to this so much that he had a hard time sleeping last night thinking about reeling-in the BIG ONE. Avery on the other hand, was more interested in eating Dorito's than fishing. Can you blame her? About the fishing, the weather was much, much, hotter than the fishing. I was the only one to catch a bass, a dinky one at that. Justin had one on, but the hook pulled-out. That was the extent of our action. We fished several areas all with no luck. The wind picked-up making it very difficult to hold and position the boat on areas that we wanted to fish so we decided to call it a day. That's why its called "Fishing" and not "Catching". All in all, we had a great time and look forward to more days and memories on the water.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Family time on the water- Love it! By the way, I see you are reading the twilight series. Do you love it?? I've read them all and can't wait for the movie!

Anonymous said...

What a great Dad! They just love time without us "Moms." I think we rather enjoy it too! ;)

Donna said...

I think I want Dorito's instead of fishing this weekend (I'm sure I'll have some to post after going to Florida this weekend)

Donna