May 13, 2009

Disneyland with Aunt Sandi

More Disney pictures!
My sister, Sandi, flew in for our cousin's funeral over the weekend, so she and I decided to take a mental health day, pull Justin and Avery out of school and head to Disneyland on Monday. I'll back up a little first. Sandi flew in and spent some time with us here first, which was very nice. The kids just love having their fun Aunt Sandi here. She's always so attentive to them. I wish she lived closer so my kids could be around her influence more. I have many fond memories of my Aunt Maureen growing up. She and my cousin only lived a mile or so away from us and so we got to be around them a lot. I wish my kids had that too. Anyway, on Saturday we went to the funeral. It was a nice service and we had a really nice time being with our family after. Like I said in a previous entry, we will deeply miss Janey. Sunday was Mother's Day. Avery made me a beautiful card and then Kirk gave me a surprise gift card to the mall from the kids and him. I told him not to get me anything, but he didn't listen. So nice! Later, the kids and I headed over to my parents while Kirk went to the hospital to see his dad. We spent the night at my parents so that we could get up and leave for D-land right away. My parents watched Devin for us so that we would be able to ride all the rides. We got there right after it opened and found we were lucky and hit another very light day. We rarely had to stand in line of any significance the whole day. We hit about 14 rides and Avery became quite the little dare devil. She (well, we all) went on Splash Mountain and Space Mountain! Thunder Mountain quickly became her favorite ride after we got our passes a couple months ago, but she wasn't ready to try anything beyond that until a couple of days ago. She really liked Space Mountain. What a brave little girl! It's old hat to Justin. He's been on those rides long before now. It was another great day at Disneyland and even more fun because we got to enjoy it with Aunt Sandi! From the sounds of it, Devin had a nice time with Gramma and Papa Winn too. Gramma took him for a walk over to Rite Aid for an ice cream and then to Petco to look at the animals and reptiles. What a nice grandma!
(I found out later there was a little smudge on the lens, so these pictures are a little fuzzy)

3 comments:

Krissy Lowe said...

It was so fun to run into you guys there! What a fun day!

Nat said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! We really should get passes!

Nat said...

Looks like you guys had a great day! We really should get passes!