May 13, 2009

Mother's Day program

Avery's kindergarten class had a 'Mother's Day Tea' they hosted last Friday. We were invited to join their class at 2:30 and then they performed their program for us. Avery started the program out by reading the introduction and welcoming us. She's such a good reader and she did a great job. They then sang us many songs they had worked hard memorizing and sounded great. Then they each read their own page from a book their class made and had published. The theme was Family or what they like to do with their family. Something like that. Avery's page said "My family is special. I like to go to the yogurt factory with Justin and Devin and my mom and dad. My favorite flavor is chocolate with cookie dough. By Avery Sumida. And I love her picture of us. Notice that she has drawn me taller than Kirk. Luckily she didn't draw me fatter too. :-) And don't you love the fish on my skirt? So cute! After the program they gave us a pot they had decorated with flowers and a cute card (see picture at top). It was a nice afternoon and I loved every minute of it, Avery. You did a great job! I love you!

1 comment:

Nat said...

how nice that they do that for you! Looks like Avery did a great job! And as a side note..You look great in that pic!