May 4, 2009

In loving memory

Over the weekend we lost one of the dearest people I know. My cousin Janey passed away on Saturday night after a long battle with lung cancer. It is with great sadness and sorrow that I post this entry. She was too young and had too much to give still. Janey was the life of the party at our family get-togethers. She was a blast to hang out with at our All Girl's Weekends we have every year or so in Vegas. She was my dear, sweet and crazy Janey. I love her and will miss her. It gives me comfort knowing where she is now and knowing she is with her mom and dad. I'm sure that was quite a reunion. I feel blessed to have the knowledge I have of our purpose here on earth and what happens to us after this life. I just can't imagine how hard death would be to those without that understanding. If my scanner were working I could post better pictures, but it isn't so I will make do with the one did post. It was taken in 2004 at our Christmas get-together with her husband Kenny K. It was 2 years before she got sick. Our family gatherings won't be the same, but we have our memories and boy, there are lots of fun times to remember!

2 comments:

Ally said...

Isn't it sad the ebb and flow of life?
Ella loved Avery's picture...she said she was keeping it to hang up on our fridge in our "new house!"

Natalie said...

Sorry about your loss...hang in there with all that is going on!