July 28, 2011

Utah Trip Day 4


Normally when we are on vacation we don't go to church. I'm not sure why that is, but I didn't grow up doing it and certainly Kirk didn't, so we just never have. But this time we planned to go with Tamara and her family. And Tamara happens to teach Avery's age, so she was the luckiest. They have the 9:00 - noon time slot and we were in Salt Lake so we, of course, didn't leave their house until about 1 minute to 9:00 and were there just in time for the opening prayer. Amazing! Devin was only a little hesitant to go. They have Primary first and Sacrament last, so there wasn't a lot of warm up time for him, but Tamara's son Cooper is his age and was in his class so that helped.
I was only in Relief Society for maybe 8 minutes when I could feel the pains starting up again. After waiting only about 5 minutes I decided it was going to continue, so I left to go take some Vicodin. The pain came on pretty strong and pretty quickly and by 9:30 I knew I was headed down a bad path, so I went to get Kirk, talked to Tam (who told me not to worry and she would take care of our kids - such a great friend!) and we headed to an urgent care clinic. Once there and after vomiting (even after they gave me anti-nausea meds) they told me I needed to go to the hospital to get stronger meds and a Cat Scan. We lucked out and no one was in the waiting room when we got there and the urgent care place had called to give them a heads up we were on our way, so things moved along nicely, thankfully. It was confirmed through a cat scan that I did have a kidney stone and it was pretty high up. After 4 doses of Morphine and still being in pain, they finally gave me something stronger and it did the trick. Ahhhhh, the relief! After a quick stop at the pharmacy for more drugs we made it back to Tam's around 4:00. I was really doped up, so I passed out for the rest of night. I had urged Kirk to take the kids to see his Aunt Katie that lives in Roy and not wait for another day because I wasn't sure how things were going to go and didn't want him missing out on seeing her. She's elderly and we're not sure if he'll be able to see her again. They had a nice visit and I had a fantastic sleep!

No comments: