January 24, 2009

About Justin...

Justin decided he didn't want to play baseball after all this season. He's always loved swimming lessons during the summer, so when I drove by a big advertisement on Jefferson for indoor swimming lessons that are year-round, I knew we found the perfect thing for him. He started yesterday and will take once a week for as long as he loves it. During the summer I plan to take him out of this place and put him in the one through the city because it's cheaper and he can learn diving. This place that he's signed up for presently doesn't offer diving, but they do have a swim team once they reach a certain level. It's great because they only allow 3 kids to a class and get much more individual attention and are really working on correct technique. He can swim and I thought he was fine, but they are backing up and really teaching him the correct movements for all the different strokes. He's very excited to be back in the pool again!
Also, he received a golf belt loop that was awarded to him on Thursday night. He just loves scouts. Congratulations Justin!

4 comments:

Missi Waldron said...

Isn't it great when kids find their niche and I am excited to hear more about the diving. I LOVED watching the divers in the Olympics this past year, so I look forward to seeing Justin up there in a few years!

Mom said...

So glad I was able to attend his award. XXX

Anonymous said...

I love that he LOVES to SWIM!!! Sam wanted to do the same thing. Where is this place? We did look into it, but it's $$$!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that he LOVES to SWIM!!! Sam wanted to do the same thing. Where is this place? We did look into it, but it's $$$!!!