January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

We didn't do anything special for New Year's Eve. We've never been big on the celebration. Kirk has been sick, so he went to bed by 9:00. I let Justin and Avery stay up for as long as they wanted. They played Wii and had a good time, but by 10:20 Justin was ready to call it a night. Avery was only 10 minutes longer. I stayed up and read my book only until 11:00 and then hit the hay myself. Today the kids played and I found them piled on top of each other, so I grabbed the camera and took the above picture. I have noticed a really big change in Devin over this winter break. He's made a lot of progress and I think it has to do with having Justin and Avery home all day every day. He's learning from them and it's so evident. He's joining in with them and wanting to play everything they play and even his speech has broadened. It's amazing to watch and we are so happy! So, back to today. We later headed out to see the movie Bedtime Stories. I can't get over how good Devin is at the movie theater. I only took him one other time over the summer and wondered if he'd be just as good and he was! He just loves it! I came prepared with baggies to split up the popcorn and our own flavored water pouches. It was a fun afternoon spent with just our family.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have been wanting to see that movie...It looks like it would be a fun family one...I can't believe my little Devin isn't going to be in nursery anymore...I am gonna miss him...

Donna said...

Fun! I wanna go to the movies!
We adults went to see 7 pounds the day after Christmas... it was a tear jerker!

Donna said...

Ok, what's up with the bandaid on the nose???? I looked at the picture twice and had to click on it to make it BIG... then could tell it was a bandaid! OUCH!

Anonymous said...

love the first pic of the kids! Looks like you guys had a fun family day!!!