January 13, 2009

This past week

There have been a couple things that I didn't get to posting in the past week, so I'll just combine the two right now.
Last Wednesday we started up play school again after Christmas break and it was my turn on the rotation. I chose the theme "All About Me" and centered the activities on the children's uniqueness. One of the activities was using finger paint to do a foot print and hand print of each child. They really enjoyed that. They got to trace their names, color their faces according to their own color of eyes and hair and for snack we had sugar cookies that they got to frost and decorate however they wanted. It was a fun time!
Justin and Avery are both starting up baseball next month, so on Saturday Kirk took them to assessments. Dummy me thought I had signed them up with the same league that Justin played a couple of years ago and we were very happy with, but then came to find out I signed them up for Little League. I suppose it will be okay. We're just a little sad that Avery will be playing with a "T" when she doesn't need it. But it will still be good experience and fun for her. Here's to a fun season of lots of games and practices!
And I'm just throwing this one in for good measure. Aren't they a good lookin' bunch? :-)

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm glad someone else is playing catch up with their blog. How fun they are both playing Little League. We don't have that (at least I haven't found it) in our area. We only have the city sponsored program. I love watching kids do all their fun activities! And yes, they are a good looking bunch:)

Hope your Christmas was great. We were in HB and Palmdale over the holidays but unfortunately our schedule was crammed with family stuff. I was sad I didn't see any friends unless they were at church. Hopefully my trip will pan out this summer and I will be in HB most of it! Hope to see you then:)

Donna said...

I'm impressed that Avery doesn't need a "T"... I don't think either one of my kids could hit the broad side of a barn with a bat - sad to say...