May 31, 2008

Another trip to SEA WORLD

About a month ago we got a notice in the mail that Sea World is having their annual start to summer night for card holders only with fireworks and all. I don't think I've ever been there at night, so we decided to do it as a surprise. I went to get Justin out a school early. Boy was he surprised! Kirk had an estimate on the way there, so by the time we got going, stopped for that and the traffic, we made it there around 6:00. Perfect. Come to find out we didn't even have to pay for parking. Even more perfect! With the cost of gas ($4.19/gal today - yikes!) every bit helps! They just opened the Bay of Play area and Avery's been begging to go check that out. This is a picture of Devin watching the tea cup type ride that they were in line for. He wanted to go on so bad, but he's too small. So, he and I went over to the Sea Lion and Otter show to save some spots until Kirk and the kids were done with their rides. That was an entertaining show before it even got started! I remember going as a kid and there was a mime that would go around mimicking unsuspecting guests. This show had the same type of thing. So funny!After that, we got some dessert and walked over to the penguin and polar bear area for a bit.Then it was off to the main event of the night - Shamu Rocks followed by the fireworks display. Here we are at about 9:15 waiting for it to start. Boy we are excited!
And here is only 20 minutes later. Poor little Avery just couldn't take any more. The Shamu show had started, but she couldn't keep her eyes open for it. Devin conked out on me only about 5 minutes later. At least Avery woke up enough to watch the fireworks, but Devin just wouldn't have anything to do with it. He was just too beat.
We had a very nice time together. I love times like these that bring us closer as a family. I always feel rejuvinated even if there were times that were hectic or maddening. We made memories and spent time together and that's what really counts.

4 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like you had such a nice time. Too bad the two little ones fell asleep toward the end. Gas is $4.19 there??? My gosh! It's $4.09 here today and I thought that was horrible. By the time you read this, it might be $5 ! :-(

Suzanne said...

See- you are an adventurous family too! That sounds like a really fun time. I have not been to Sea World since I was a kid. I'm sure it's a lot different now.

I can't believe gas prices. We are at about $3.90 right now. I dread the day we crack $4.

Suzanne said...

By the way, I fixed my blog. Thanks for the heads up. I have a wide screen monitor so I didn't know until I read your comment and looked at it from Ryan's laptop. Now I know!

Krissy Lowe said...

Once again- I love Sea World! It is such a fun, easy family outing. How was the new playland? Better than before? I am debating taking the kids when we come down at the end of the month.