May 17, 2008

Father's and Son's Campout


This weekend was our ward's Father/Son's campout. Kirk borrowed a tent and supplies from our friends that just had a baby on Wednesday, so they couldn't make it this year. Is the tent huge enough for just the 2 of them? He says that everyone referred to it as the spacious building. Ha! They left home at about 4:00 and stopped to get some dinner (no cooking over a camp fire for the Sumida guys!) and pick up some treats. After putting camp together Justin met up with his friends and played some baseball and I heard they had a great time.


After dark they had smores at one of the camps. I can see in Justin's eyes how much he's enjoying himself.


Then it was time for bed in their hotel size tent. Kirk said they laid there and ate chips and visited before finally going to sleep at 11:30.



They woke up at a very early 5:00 or so in the morning (ugh!) and waited for a bit until others were out and about and then the kids were able to go play at the play around for a bit. Only men would let kids go play at 6:00 in the morning hoping they don't wake up other campers! Glad it wasn't me. I'd feel too quilty.

Look at my guys. Aren't they handsome? This was taken before leaving camp this morning. It was a short trip, but they had a very good time. It was Justin's first time camping and I do believe he loves it!

4 comments:

Mom said...

What a nice picture of father and son together. And that tent it awesome! Room for two families! What a nice memory for Justin.

Todd Crump said...

So fun. I won't show Trevor or Todd. They didn't make it. Trevor had a fever and cough. So decided it would be better to keep him home. The sad thing is he missed it last year cause he was sick too.

Suzanne said...

That is great! I love when wards do these Father's & Son's campouts. I think it's so important for them to bond. Ryan suggested it to our ward and I think they actually might pull it off this summer. I hope they do because I know it will be good times for them:)

Missi Waldron said...

What a fun night of camping (or was that a hotel they slept in? :)). So sad my boys missed it but glad your boys were there to represent!!