May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


Well, this was a nice weekend. Kirk and I decided to make it a weekend at my parents in Huntington Beach instead of just a day. So, Saturday straight after lunch we headed over. The kids were so excited to spend the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Winn's. We haven't done it in a very long time. When we got there they went straight out to the sun room and it quickly became a toy store with toys scattered all over. We visited and had a very nice time. Kirk had a gift certificate to PF Chang's that his brother had given him for his birthday, so we took advantage of my parents and left the kids and had a nice date night. A yummy one too! We got done with dinner a little early and headed over to Target to buy Avery some much needed new shirts that fit. That night after everyone was in bed my mom and I stayed up and visited. I love those times when it's quiet and it's just the two of us. I will remember them for years to come. Sunday we went to their ward. It's not only the ward I grew up in, but also the one Kirk and I attended when we were first married. So many great people. I always feel so at home and such love when we go back to visit. We miss it a lot. They gave us lei's and Dove candy bars for Mother's Day. After Sacrament we headed back to my parents and the guys barbecued steaks for lunch. They were so good! We visited all afternoon and then left about 4:30. It was a great Mother's Day! Thanks for having us, Mom. And thanks for being MY mom! I love you!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a nice day! A lei & chocolate? That beats my carnation! Sounds like you had a wonderful well deserved mother's day:)

Krissy Lowe said...

I LOVE PF Chang's reading about it seriously made my mouth water. Sounds like a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Surprise! I'm leaving a comment at long last if it indeed does go through. Such sweet things you say about your dear ol' mom, Suz. We sure did have a wonderful couple of days, didn't we. :-) And those guys are great for doing all the work. Kirk did the barbecuing to perfection, and Dad did the food cleanup and dishes. What guys we have!! Love, Mom

Donna said...

Awh, and I didn't even spend it with MY mom.... sigh. I'm a horrible daughter!!!!