May 15, 2008

Avery's lesson and Devin's session


Avery started swimming lessons this week. She's 5 now and it's time that she learns to swim without floaty's if I'm ever going to be able to take them all to our pool this summer. I just don't feel comfortable having 2 non-swimmers. She's in level 1 right now and is doing great and having a ball. We signed her up for level 2 in mid June when school is out so that she can get it down pat at the beginning of summer. Justin is also signed up in a refresher course in Level 3 after school is out. He swims, but it's always good to be reminded of the correct strokes and all that. :-)

I also wanted to put these pictures of Devin in here. This morning I was up watching his session and I always get such warm fuzzies when the therapist tells him "let's have quiet hands" before she begins the next task and this is his response. I don't know too many 2 years olds that have such compliance. It's just so darling to watch and he looks so grown up to me today! Gosh, I love this little boy of ours!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a mature looking young man Devin is becoming! You can really see the wheels going around in his handsome little head.
You're doing such a good job on this blog, Suz. Keep up the good work. Love, Mom

Hillary said...

where you doing swim lesson...you are so ahead of the game. I need to get Trevor into lessons. Devin looks so cute in those photos.

Suzanne said...

I love how swimming lessons are everywhere in So. Cal. We didn't do any last summer but this summer we are all over it (if I can find a place I like). Spencer knows how to swim but is definately not water safe. And Abby is at the age to start.

Devin looks so calm and obedient in these pictures. I bet you just love seeing him progress so much:)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Great pictures! Caroline's going to be taking swimming lessons this summer too. They were free in Hawaii for all my kids. What a nice perk that was. And I want to back up and ask how your tomato plants are doing? I planted ours today. Post a new picture of yours as they are NOW? I'm just hoping there will be no more freezes here! We lost our apple crop to a hard freeze--all the little baby blossom beginner apples are now on the ground. (sniff).

Donna said...

I'm so glad I have water babies... I remember Angela stating one year when she was 2 "I'm going to go under now" and did - bloop - no plugging of nose, nothing... just dipped under for a minute. What a abnormal child, eh? LOL. They've both taken after us with water and having courage - scary at times, but wonderful in others.
Love water babies :o)