May 22, 2008

Wild and crazy weather

Okay, I know that only in Southern California would this be big news...news enough to deserve it's own entry into a blog, but our weather today was quite remarkable. Monday was so hot we could barely breath and today, only 3 days later, we had quite the storm! We are back in jeans and jackets and enjoying the winter like conditions of the day. When I was picking Avery up from preschool the sky was pretty dark and it was thundering in the distance and starting to sprinkle. By the time we got home it was pouring and thundering and even hailing. Avery had 2 friends over and they were all going ape over the 'ice falling from the sky'. It was a fun hour and a half. I'm sure Justin will have some stories for us when he gets home from school. His class is in a portable. That had to be loud! If you look closely at the pictures you can see the hail actually falling. It came down really good!

3 comments:

Missi Waldron said...

Wasn't it insane today! I was even intensely warned to get inside my house this evening because of a tornado headed our way from Perris. What is going on? Hope you are feeling better and are enjoying our cozy (less intense), rainy evening.

My Dearest Rich said...

i heard about the crazy weather and tornado in Moreno Valley on the news here all the way across the ocean! While it rained a bit here yesterday, of course its never COLD! I guess I'll enjoy it while I have it. I never know when I'll be home.

Suzanne said...

Wow! That is big news for So. CA! I'm glad to see a weather post other than mine. For a while there all I did was post about the weather since that was the most interesting thing going on for us. I'm sure that is great for those dry hillsides out there. They need all the moisture they can get.