July 21, 2008

Big Bear


My cousin Mary got married this weekend in Big Bear and so we decided to make a weekend out of it with my parents. We rented a 2 bedroom cabin and spend a couple of nights up there. We beat my parents there by about 3 hours, so we decided to hit the alpine slides first. They were a hit!

After that we headed back to the cabin and while Devin took a nap I took Justin and Avery to the pool with my parents. Then we went over to the little 'beach' on the property and the kids had a lot of fun playing in the lake while we got to visit with other family members there getting ready for the wedding the next day. It was a fun evening.



Then we headed back to the cabin for some R & R and good company before bed.

The next morning it was back to the lake to do some rock hunting, but it was really hot, so Kirk and I didn't last very long. We decided to talk the kids into going back to the pool so we could cool off too.

Here is our cute cabin. It sure was nice sitting on the porch enjoying the nice breeze.
And here is the whole reason we were there in the first place. This is my sweet cousin Mary and her husband of only one minute at the time on their big day. Aren't they cute?
The reception was directly after the ceremony and it was very nice. The food was wonderful and having all our family around was a lot of fun. Thank you Mary and Nick for such a wonderful time. Here are my cute kids all dressed up. Avery is dancing with my cousin's daughter, Jill. They were so cute out there! Kirk took Devin back to the cabin because he was being Devin times 3. He certainly can be a difficult little one. Thank you Kirk for taking him so I could enjoy my cousin's big day without too much chaos.

All in all it was a good trip. I hate to be negative on here, but I am documenting this to eventually be put in a journal, so I can't lie and sugar coat things too much. Devin has a way of making things not as pleasant as they should or could be and this weekend was no exception. He's in a stage right now of not ever being satisfied. Doesn't matter what it is. He won't be happy with it. So, with that being said, and that aside, the rest was pleasant. The kids had a good time and that's why we do these things in the first place, right? :-)

2 comments:

Linda Liebhardt said...

Suz, Thanks so much for posting pictures of the wedding! What a cute couple. And you family looks like they had a BLAST. In spite of being Devin x 3. Yikes. And your Mom and Dad looked really tired, too. I'm glad you thought it was worth it. The cabin looked really great, too! How fun.

Donna said...

Wow - Mary is radiant and the kids are so cute :o)
Looks like you had a good time.